The Satellite Finance Network (We) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website. Please read the following policy to understand how your information will be treated.
What information is obtained about you and what do we use this information for?
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by completing forms on our site www.satellitefinancenetwork.org (the Site), or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register as a member, place an order for an event, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
How will we use the information we receive?
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from us; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about projects or events that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
When you register for any of our projects or events, the information you provide is for our purposes only. It is not shared with any third party organisations, individuals or entities unless we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Accessing your information
You may request a copy of the information we hold in relation to you at any time by contacting us.
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Confidentiality and data protection