The Satellite Finance Network (SFN) is a network of individuals and organisations from the finance, legal, insurance, government and space technology and applications communities, from start-ups and small companies to industry leaders, with a common interest in delivering satellite and space-enabled projects to domestic and export markets around the world. The SFN capitalises on the nexus of these organisations in the UK.
The SFN aims to support the growth of the UK space industry at all levels through:
- Facilitating and attracting investment:
- Connecting industry players (particularly SMEs) with the financial community
- Matching industry players with the right investors
- Identifying regulatory barriers and other impediments to growth:
- Working to create a “space friendly” and competitive regulatory environment for the UK
- Offering solutions, where they exist, to industry players
- Encouraging and supporting exporters in areas of finance and regulation
- Promoting business opportunities between companies
Our motto is “to be with you every inch of the way”. As our network grows, we aim to develop strong relationships with all sections of the finance community, including angel investors, venture capital, private equity and banks, so that we can facilitate connections to businesses from start-ups to major growth companies.
Opportunities exist in project and company financing, extending from satellites to telecommunications, location-based services, big data handling, mapping of natural resources, and many other satellite-enabled services, for example relating to infrastructure management and everyday life.